Standard 7.D

“Plan, design, and evaluate effective technology-enhanced learning environments and experiences aligned with Michigan’s Content Standards and GLCE and Michigan Educational Technology Standards for each student.”

During my teaching, I have observed that there is a wide range of technology expertise among students. As a teacher in today’s society, it is important to me to provide all of my students with the tools they will need to succeed after high school. This includes the ability to function in a highly technology-reliant society.

When I taught 7th graders during my Maymester experience, we did online research to find information on 2008 Olympic athletes and their countries. Before starting the research, I provided students a research guide with spaces to fill in the answers as they found them, along with several web sites to use as starting points in their research. This gave students who had limited experience with the Internet a platform from which to start their project.

During our persuasive paper unit while I was student teaching, I projected examples and “how-to” tips on the front board as students were working on typing their papers. This was a quick reference for students who needed help navigating the program that we were using. Because of the set-up of these classes, I was also able to help students one-on-one.

Artifacts:

Maymester research packet